Throughout our work, we partner with various groups and organizations to maintain and strengthen what we know of Lowell’s history. We work with various groups and utilize online resources to help create a clearer picture of what we know.
We encourage you to look at the information presented on our partners’ pages to learn more about the city of Lowell, its people, and what makes it unique.
*The following pages are not associated with the Lowell Historical Society
Local Historical Organizations:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Official website.
- Massachusetts Archives – General information, hours & directions, services, researching family history at the archives.
- Center for Lowell History– Part of the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, the Center is located at the Mogan Cultural Center. Birth, Marriage, and Death Records for Massachusetts, local and state insurance maps, city directories, and town histories. Special collections. Special projects include Dracut, Lawrence, and Tyngsboro, Massachusetts.
- Lowell National Historical Park – information related to the Lowell National Historical Park, including access to their online information related to the mills, and links to their finding aids for materials in their archives.
- City of Lowell, Massachusetts – homepage for all departments and news related to the City of Lowell
- Lowell Heritage Partnership – The Lowell Heritage Partnership (LHP) preserves and enhances Lowell’s natural and built environments and cultural heritage. The LHP is a forum for discussion, an advocate for quality of life issues, a vehicle for collaboration, and a source of both financial support and technical expertise. The LHP serves as the “friends of the park” group for Lowell National Historical Park.
- Lowell Cemetery – the final resting place to some of Lowell’s most notable citizens, the cemetery has resources related to genealogy and access to their historical records
- Middlesex Canal Association – Dedicated to the Preservation and Restoration of the Historic Middlesex Canal
- Massachusetts Historical Societies – A comprehensive listing of all historical societies in the state of Massachusetts.
- Planning and Development reports – reports created by the City of Lowell in the late 1970s (digitization funded via a Lowell Cultural Council grant) related to the planning and redevelopment of the city